Corrosion diagnostics of undergriund communications
- The company has successfully passed the readiness assessment for works of electrochemical diagnostics of gas transportation facilities of Gazprom in accordance with Organization Standard of Gazprom 2-2.3-310-2009:
- acceptance (initial);
- complex examination;
- detailed complex examination.
The list of works is determined by the Organization Standard of Gazprom 2-2.3-310-2009 and technical requirements which specify the volume of examining.
The Chemservice company has license № LKTN-038-032-2013 of 24.12.2013 for the right to carry out the examination of corrosion and corrosion protection at the objects of AK Transneft.
- There are three laboratories at the diagnostics of pipelines department:
- testing laboratory of ECP;
- laboratory of nondestructive control;
- electrotechnical laboratory.
Testing laboratory of ECP, successfully certified in GAZPROMCERT system, has the right to perform corrosion examinations for further certification of corrosion protection systems.
- The laboratory of nondestructive control takes charge of the following types of control:
- visual and measuring control;
- method of metal magnetic memory;
- electrical (control of coverings, control of ECP means).
Electrotechnical laboratory, registered in Rostechnadzor (Federal Environmental, Industrial and Nuclear Supervision Service of Russia), provides independent testing of electrical devices (up to 1000 V):
- resistance measurement of loop phase-zero in electrical installations up to 1000 V with dead-earthed or isolated neutral system (TN-C, TN-C-S, TN-S);
- measurement of insulation resistance (of anode and cathode cable lines of cathodic protection stations, of cable electrodrainage device of the drainage protection station and electrical supply, distribution and group networks, and cable lines within buildings);
- measurement of the resistance of the grounding device during testing of electrical devices of up to 1000 V;
- checking of the connection between grounding and grounding elements;
- determination of soil resistivity.
After having results of corrosion protection examination our specialists develop technical reports for each pipeline section.
They provide corrosion maps with potential graphics, potential gradients, soil resistance, depth of pipeline laying, information about the situation on the route of the pipeline, zones of high corrosion danger and increased corrosion danger, sections with bad protection, type of soil, the turns of the pipeline, the presence and characteristics of ECP, crossings under highways and railways, air passages, including their exits to the surface, isolation defects, the locations of possible corrosion damage, the zones of influence of stray currents, etc.
Resources for diagnostics
Our specialists from the pipeline diagnostics department are certified to conduct all types of examinations. Continuous improvement of service quality is provided by the introduction of new advanced methods.